Preferred Energy Consultants is a nationally certified third party that helps with Bettendorf, IA code compliance testing and inspections for the state of Iowa 2012 IECC building code. We also place the state required signed documentation in your electric panel showing compliance. To learn more about how Preferred Energy Consultants can help you ensure your home or business complies with state building code standards, just pick up the phone and give us a call today.
What is the Purpose of Bettendorf, IA Code Compliance Testing?
Energy codes and standards set minimum efficiency requirements for new and renovated buildings, assuring reductions in energy use and emissions over the life of the building. Energy codes are a subset of building codes, which establish baseline requirements and govern building construction. Bettendorf, Iowa buildings and homes that comply with state standard building codes more comfortable and cost-effective to operate, assuring energy, economic and environmental benefits. The reduction in energy expenditures also correlates to a mitigated dependency on foreign oil, impacting national security. In light of these fundamental environmental issues, economic challenges, and uncertain energy costs, building energy codes are a key component of sound public policy.
Who in Bettendorf, IA benefit from energy codes?
- Consumers and homebuyers can be assured that they have purchased or rented a home that meets minimum standards for energy efficiency, and as a result will see significantly lower utility bills.
- The construction industry can have a documented advantage over existing homes, as well as a level playing field, with respect to minimum energy efficiency requirements.
- Code officials can be confident that new and renovated buildings are designed and built to meet industry standards for quality and comfort, thus improving consumer protection.
- Utilities can benefit from supporting energy codes through access to cost-benefit data to use in determining future investments and attribution of savings to efficiency programs. Additionally, codes can provide better energy forecasting and decreased peak demand.
- State and local governments can reduce energy demand and greenhouse gas emissions while ensuring that their constituents live and work in comfortable buildings with low utility bills.
Read more about our Bettendorf, IA Code Compliance Testing service.
- Bettendorf, IA Residential Code Compliance Testing
- Bettendorf, IA Commercial Code Compliance Testing
- Bettendorf, IA Agricultural Code Compliance Testing
Why Hire PEC for Code Compliance Testing?
For one- and two-family dwellings in Bettendorf, Iowa, the local utility company must obtain a written statement/certification attesting to their compliance with the state energy code which will be provided by Preferred Energy Consultants following the test. The Iowa State Energy Code is applicable to all structures throughout the state that are heated or cooled, and used for human occupancy.